Thursday 19 May 2011

Speaking From Experience// A few thoughts.

I have begun to produce my lanyard guide using both hand rendered and computer manipulated aspects. Despite it being suggested in my crit on Friday that it keep it purely digital, I wanted to combine these two methods in order to demonstrate to first years that you don't have to sit behind a mac screen and produce your work; it can be hand rendered too! However, in doing this I have come to realise now why it was suggested to me to produce it digitally; it would save me time and effort, it would be easier to replicate and look more professional. My work can also be manipulated more easily in a digital format, whereas it is not necessarily as easy when hand rendering in the way that I have. Nevertheless, I have found that I have more appreciation for the work I have produced as I have taken the time to craft it with a hands on approach. I think this passion is then evident to anyone viewing my work. Each card also differs, having it's own qualities within each; the arrangements are ambiguous and unpredictable despite having done rough designs. One thing I would add after our type and grid sessions is that I feel my guide would have been enhanced by the use of a grid; this would have helped enhance the professional element of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment