Thursday 29 September 2011

STUDY TASK 2 - Group Tutorial Prep.

1. What is Industrial experience?

      Industrial experience is the act of visiting live working design studios in order to gain an understanding of the whole process that is undertaken in order to complete a piece of design.

2. What can you learn from industrial experience?

      Industrial experience gives you an insight into a real life working design company. It gives you knowledge of what occurs on a day to day basis and the processes they company goes through in order to reach the end result. 

3. What form/format could industrial experience take?

      Each industrial place differs from one another; some design agencies may want you to take a hands on approach and get stuck in to working on designing briefs with/for them. Whereas others may be more inclined to you taking more of a back seat; doing irrelevant/minor jobs (making tea) and just watching what goes on whilst they get stuck into the real designing themselves.

4. What areas of industry are you interested in?

      I am most interested in packaging and promotion; I am constantly in awe of packaged products I see around me. I am also becoming increasingly aware of the importance packaging has in the commercial world; it could be the most boring product inside the packaging, but if the packaging communicate the right message and targets the correct audience it can be highly profitable. This is an aspect of industry I most definitely want to explore further.

5. What are your concerns about industrial experience?

      I am concerned that I am too much of an amateur designer, so I will not fully understand what they are talking about or how things are running. However, gaining increased knowledge within this area I feel it will aid my progression as a graphic designer. Undoubtedly, I will learn a lot and gain an awful lot from the experiences I encounter so should probably push myself to do it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment