Saturday 5 February 2011

Post Crit.

Following my crit on Friday I found I had a lot to consider with regards to my work. This crit uncovered some truths about my work and made me realise that simply manipulating my designs into posters was not going to be substantial. Admittedly,  I had not produced the 'catalogue' to compliment my work and provide an explanation to the logic behind my designs when it was critted, so the logic behind my work was unclear as we were not present to explain. Nevertheless, other issues were raised which has led me to rethink the context of my designs; I need to produce a product with a clear purpose and target audience amongst other considerations. One issue raised was that I needed to read the brief again, so this is what I did. I noted all the considerations in relation to my existing posters and found it was very vague in meeting these requirements. Therefore, I decided to take action and consider an alternative outcome for this project which will utilise the work I have produced.
I have consequently decided to produce a book based on the nutritional content of 20 chocolate bars in the form of infographics which can be decoded. In doing this, I am meeting the requirements of the brief whilst maintaining the notion of my project and giving it a purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment