Monday 19 December 2011

Wedding Invitations

I had been asked by my sister to design and print her wedding invitations. I was a little reluctant at first as I knew it would be a large job, however, after Generation Press came in and spoke to us and told us to take any design offer no matter how small, I decided I should just do. I would have to produce 100 invitations for the day event and then produce more for the evening event too. This is what I came up with...


 
The designs needed to work to the colour scheme (deep red and cream) but I also wanted to add a classy touch, so I gold foiled the type; although this was time consuming, it looked impressive. I created a pattern using A & A (the initials of the couple). The subtle infusion of the deep red colour on the ribbon allows the design to focus on the typography; the most important element of the design. The invitations are going to be sent out in gold foil lined envelopes to keep in theme with the gold foiled type.
Overall, the couple were very impressed with the invitations and although they were time consuming, I enjoyed the process of making them as it allowed me to put what I had been learning into practice on a live brief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment