Thursday 6 October 2011

Enterprise... Who am I? Who are they?

Graphic Design Client Groups


//Music
//Leisure
//Tourism
//Retail
//Marketing
//Food/Catering
//Health/Medical
//Education
//Editorial
//Publishing
//TV/Film
//Digital Media
//Promotion/Sales
//Charity
//Social

The client group which best represents my current ambitions within in graphic design is publishing and editorial. I have so much appreciation for a publication which has been thoughtfully put together; especially when taking into consideration print processes in order to craft a crisp piece of design.
I enjoy working with type, layout and colour considerably. All these elements can be brought together and utilised to their maximum potential within a publication in order to produce a beautifully crafted piece of design.

In order to produce a successful publication it is most important to be aware of the print processes available to you, knowledge of how to use type in order to effectively convey your message and the application of colour in relation to the impact it will have upon your design. I think I currently have small knowledge of all of these subject areas, however, these skills definitely need to be expanded upon if am going to succeed in producing effective publishing and editorial design. This is occurring through the frequent workshops I am attending on a weekly basis within the course programme; I am definitely learning an awful lot from these sessions, all of which is aiding my development as a graphic designer. In relation to these specific workshops, I feel I need to improve to software skills in order to be able to produce the work I am wanting to. I think and hope this will slowly come together once I begin to work on my designs within each software.

My professional aim is to work for a creative company in a small studio buzzing with enthusiasm and talent; therefore pricing would be dependent upon the company I am working for. I do not feel I would work particularly well solely as a freelance designer due to my need for feedback in order to improve my work and me liking to be around like-minded people who can input and provide me with fresh inspiration. However, I would like to do some freelance work and consequently will be producing my own business cards for anyone interested in my designs to pick up and contact me from. I am open to living either abroad or here in the U.K, I think it would depend entirely on the job opportunities that arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment