Saturday 28 April 2012

ONLINE PROFESSIONAL NETWORK

Over the past few days I have begun to build up and create my professional online presence using a variety of different networks...


I already have a social twitter page, so I have created another twitter page which is going to be solely used for the purpose of my design on a professional level. I am only following design related members (although I may begin to follow some of my friends and fellow peer who are also concerned with the design industry)
 








I have also just set up a pinterest account, this will allow me to 'pin' any inspirations I find; the way in which pinterest allows you to have multiple boards will allow me to categorize the different pieces of design I come across.




I have also set up a tumblr account and created two blogs: one which will contain designs which interest/inspire me and another which will contain my own design work (I have yet to add to this page!) I am really enjoying finding design work on tumblr; there is a wealth of creative work to discover, all of which I can curate on my own blog for reference.


I have also considered joing Cargo Collective and am going to look into getting a page via the site. This will act as another platform in which I can showcase my work from.


 
Behance is another site I have previously joined in order to showcase my work from as it is a very design focused network. However, I desperately need to take professional looking images of my work in order for me to be able to establish myself on a professional level. So this is going to be my task on Monday when im back in the studio, this will then enable me to upload my own work onto my profile on the site.


I have created an Etsy account and am going to use this to sell any spare prints that I have from the InPress exhibitions/sales. 

I have considered other design sites too....


These are two sites I came across through researching into the others, however, I do not think they carry as much design work. Consequently, I am not going to use these and am instead going focus on developing my status on the other platforms I have already reached. I also want to ensure I am able to keep all my networks up-to-date so if I keep network fairly small for now, I will be able to keep them all focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment