Monday 23 April 2012

OUGD204 End of Module Evaluation






Throughout this module I have developed core typographical skills which I can now apply effectively to my own design work. I have also developed an eye to critically analyse design work I view in order to gauge, what I consider to be, good and bad typography. Collecting these sources and filing them in my journal has allowed me to create a reference point which I can access at any time. I am keen to find effective experimental typography, so I can infuse these designs into my own work. Most importantly I have learnt to deal with the type first when designing, the imagery comes later. In doing this it has enabled me to ensure the type is fitting to the content of the document. Working in this strategical manor and considering all elements of the design process taught to us, such as the use of grids, hierarchy, typefaces etc, the end result is evidently considered and effective to it’s purpose. Nevertheless, I do feel I need to continue discovering and analyzing different typefaces to then allow me to easily and quickly choose the typeface I feel appropriate to the job; this can be done in my type journal.
All in all, I have thoroughly enjoyed this typography elective and the work I am now producing as a result of this typography elective utilises the skills I have developed and as I progress with these typographic skills I can begin to play and twist the rules of typography.

No comments:

Post a Comment