Wednesday 4 January 2012

Enterprise... Task 5

Proposed Position Statement


'List ambitions, skills and areas of creative interest in relation to the market, your clients, competition and possible collaborators and should be based on the information that you have collected in response to the set tasks.'
  1. Interest in retail graphics; I have established a real interest in retail graphics and wish to persue this line of work.
  2. Desire to work with an established creative agency involved in retail graphics; I think I will work considerably better collaboratively as team rather than freelancing on my own.
  3. Produce an extensive catalogue of possible retail graphic design agencies I could contact.
  4. Gain work experience within the retail graphics field of design; in order to ensure I am making the right decision in going down the retail graphics route, I want to gain some first hand experience in what is involved. 
  5. Print based design- although I predominantly want to work in retail graphics, I do not wish to lose my love for print based media.
  6. Begin to incorporate retail design based work into the studio briefs we work on. I can do this when we get the chance to choose our subject matter.
  7. Enhance my digital skills as these can be used creatively within the field of retail graphics
  8.  I want to work on advertising and branding more as these are areas which I have not touched much upon but will be integral to my progression into the field of retail graphics. This is evident as a result of my research into the retail graphics
  9. Work upon my software skills, it is evident from viewing the work that retail graphic designers produce these skills are going to be vital to my progress. 
  10. I do not want to dismiss the idea of starting up a collaborative creative agency with other peers, as this enterprise module has made me realise it could be achieved.

'You will need to compare a list of your skills and services against customer/client needs to those of your competitors, this should help you determine how your company is unique.'

Roise Lee Services






Barber Design Services


Checkland Kindleysides


-define strategy
-create brand identities
-retail environments
-exhibitions
-in-store merchandising
-graphic communication


HMKM



Dalziel + Pow Services



  • Brief development
  • Research and insights
  • Brand positioning
  • Name generation

    • Interior design
    • Lighting design
    • Fixture design
    • Visual merchandising
    • Store planning
    • Shop-in-shop
    • Exhibition design

      • Identity design
      • Navigation and signage
      • POS and in-store communications
      • Art direction
      • Window campaigns
      • Packaging design
      • Brand literature
      • Website design

    • It is evident from these company's list of services that they really do see the problem through from the beginning to the end providing services in all areas of design, not just graphic and interior design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment