Wednesday 9 November 2011

Thoughts.

Just thinking about the tone of voice my designs are going to take, this has led me to begin to consider the following:

//If I were to promote my product as an informal, subjective, humorous way would people actually buy/use it (if it were for sale.) I am thinking this because I can see this product being on sale as a little gimmick in the type of shop were there are lots of funny little knick knacks for sale. It could be marketed for 'stress heads' etc. and people could buy it as a present for the 'stressy' person they know! However, I am wondering whether the concept of my pencil will then be lost.

//However, If I am to promote my product in a formal, objective, serious way, will people take it too seriously?  Will they become scared by it if the pencil is packaged very seriously and cause the viewer to believe they have something seriously wrong with them. Or will they use it for the purpose: a 'stress buster'.

After a little deliberation, I am beginning to think that it may be more effective to promote my pencil on a serious, formal level considering I have the stats and facts to back up my concept. Also, the fact that the 'NHS' actually promote the use of writing a 'stress diary' to help conquer stress means that it is a live problem with a live solution.

Nevertheless, I want to ensure I am making the correct decision before I start producing my focused designs so I am going to have a little chat in the studio with Lorraine tomorrow in order to get my concept, tone of voice and method of delivery down in concrete so I can progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment